Thursday 9 February 2012

NOT EXACTLY CHEAP?

It only recently occurred to me that making your own soup is not exactly cheap. Quite the opposite in fact - or at least as far as my chosen soups are concerned. I'm only basing this on the fact that I would normally buy a tin of soup for consumption at home and that could probably cost less than £1.

For me to make a chicken soup, I would pay around £3 for a couple of chicken breasts, a couple of pounds for the vegetables, a pound or so for the bacon, another for the mushrooms and then there's the stock cubes, the cream and the time and energy putting it all together.

Hmmm, so it turns out to be relatively expensive BUT then again, I do tend to make a large amount (typically serving 6) and apart from it being quite enjoyable, it's always FAR tastier than the stuff that comes out of the tin! Having said that, I think I'll try some "Budget Soups" next. Very healthy and very cheap.

No comments:

Post a Comment